All Knowledge Base Guides
Google Analytics 4 for Bonfire Pro
A step-by-step guide on how to use google analytics 4 with Bonfire Pro to track your site’s traffic and other metrics.
This feature is only available to Bonfire Pro members.
Create an Analytics Account
- First-Time Users: Visit Google Analytics and click Start measuring under "Welcome to Google Analytics". Existing Users: Click Create Account in the Account column under Admin.
- Enter an account name and configure data-sharing with Google.
- Click Next to start adding your first property.
Create a Google Analytics 4 Property
- If continuing from the previous step, proceed to step 2.
- Under Admin, ensure the correct account, then click Create Property in the Property column.
- Name your property and select the reporting time zone and currency (Note: Consider Daylight Savings Time options).
- Click Next twice, selecting your industry category, business size, and intended use of Google Analytics.
- Click Create, and accept the Terms of Service and Data Processing Amendment.
Add a Data Stream
- Click Web.
- Enter your website URL, e.g., "example.com", and Stream name, e.g., "Example, Inc. (web stream)".
- Optionally enable or disable enhanced measurement.
- Click Create stream.
Set Up Data Collection
- Copy your "G-" ID by clicking Configure tag settings on your Web stream details page.
- Go to your setting on the Bonfire dashboard, and Paste the "G-" ID into the Google Analytics field.
- Don’t forget to save your changes
- Congrats, you’ve successfully setup Google Analytics 4 on your Bonfire site.
Note: Data collection may take up to 30 minutes to start. Verify your data with the Realtime report in Google Analytics.
Pro members can also view advanced page and content analytics within the dashboard